I'm talking about Ministry = A Business?
No, I'm not talking about profit, revenue, supply and demand, marginal benefit.
But I am talking about turnover, manpower stock, internal supply, and... other "business" lingo.
Ever felt like we are running a business sometimes? I am taking an HR (Human Resources) class, and I sit through lecture, thinking about ministry because so many things apply to it. For example, we began the semester talking about tip of icebergs and that only 6% of one's identity is seen on the surface, on shallow waters. 94% of a person is hidden depth. HR is the bridge of that in a working environment. Now this example can be used anywhere, pysch, soc, and etc. And I bet alot of other classes that aren't in Business would teach you that. Heck, that's something your parents could say to you.
But let's dig a little deeper in business. I learned about Expert Estimate and Internal Supply today. Now this is all business lingo, but it's talking about how a company utilizes their employees based on their experience and performance. They can pinpoint how much one can do, and how reliable they are because they are experienced in that area. For example, Clarence is worth 3.1% of this company. If we fire Clarence, our profits will go down 3.1%.
I kind of feel like, being officers, we see the big picture, how much one of our leaders are worth and we plan accordingly.
I am guilty of this. I often worry about the end result and forget about the process. I measure performance as if our leaders are just work machines.
Happy workers perform better, no? I'm not saying, care for them because we want performance, but care for them because it's worth it.
Don't get me wrong, business has many good principles. Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, was a businessman. But business is missing something that ministry has. That's God. No matter what I can measure for performance for individuals, God always out performs all. He works in all. He raises the bar on all. That's my God.
Chief,
Clarence
P.S. Comments are Broken :(. I'm looking into fixing it, I might change the layout to see if that works.
0 comments:
Post a Comment