Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Journey


I posted this image on flickr a few weeks ago after going out to shoot with Tim. I liked it so much I decided to name it Journey but without any real reason at all.

Tonight, I was honestly a little hesitant to go to Encounter. I didn't want to go because I had a lot of work to do, mostly studying. I got two tests on friday. But I was quite glad I went tonight. I would say it was one of the best PM's I have gone in a while. We began with small groups, at first it was just Joe and I. We talked a bit about summer projects and our current struggles of being post-project. He shared a little about his struggle, I shared mine as well.

I have been thinking a lot about my future lately, what I'm going to do after I graduate, my hopes and dreams about my home church, and my life-long friends I hope I met here. I was telling Joe that I would probably not stay in Buffalo after the end of the fiscal school year, and how I feel called home. Joe suddenly brought up that my heart has already advanced beyond buffalo and it wasn't here anymore. I got a little defense at first, claiming that I need to think about my future since I'm graduating but the more and more I think about it, the most I see that he's correct.

Lately, I have been so focused on my future and so worried about it, that I forget what is right in front of me.

I started early morning devotions today and today, no one showed up, but that was alright with me. I read from Hebrews 11, the chapter titled "By Faith." The chapter talks about all the biblical characters that lived by faith and how God stored up their rewards in heaven.

I've been lacking faith on what God wants to do with me.

I use verse a lot but I tend to like it.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" -Matthew 6:25

I really enjoyed tonight's PM. Eiling's prayers were very applicable and touching, Rob's songs were good, and I understood Pastor pretty well too. I was blessed tonight :)

This walk is a journey. A beautiful one.

-Clarence





0 comments:

Post a Comment