This song is called "Arise". It was written by a few members of the praise band I was a part of during high school, called Mad Chills. This is a song pleading for God to hear us in our brokenness; for His Spirit to arise in us and set us free from our despair. This is a cry for God to come and rescue us from our rut.
Like I said in the last entry, I've been struggling with a passiveness in my walk with God. Sometimes I feel like God is not listening to me so I don't even pray. Most of the time, I'm disappointed in my own imperfections that I feel like I should even get to talk to Him.
The lyrics of this song really touch my heart now. It's hard for me to grasp that a group of naive 16 years olds wrote this. I was talking to my former praise band members and they shared that this song becomes more and more meaningful as the years pass by. It's almost as if we never even knew what we were talking about when we wrote this song 4 years and had 250 other teenagers singing along with us (the past). What did we even know about brokenness then? About despair? I'm so convinced that the Holy Spirit spoke to us then to bless us now, so many years later.
This song is a blessing to me and this is my prayer. I hope you guys can be blessed by this too.
Verse 1:
O Lord, hear my plea
Listen to my broken heart
I cry without holding back
Would You listen to me?
Verse 2:
O Lord, know my thoughts
I pray with lifted hands
Break me and set me apart
To be an image of You
Chorus:
Arise, O Lord
Breathe into my soul
Arise, O Lord
That I may live again
Restore my longing for holiness
Guard me closely to Your promise
Arise, arise, arise, arise
Verse 3:
O Lord, bind me tightly
To Your covenant of peace
From imperfection, in desperation
For You to set me free
Chorus
Bridge:
From my despair I will awake
I will be satisfied
From my despair I'll start to fly
Then I'll be satisfied
O Lord, hear my plea
Listen to my broken heart
I cry without holding back
Would You listen to me?
Verse 2:
O Lord, know my thoughts
I pray with lifted hands
Break me and set me apart
To be an image of You
Chorus:
Arise, O Lord
Breathe into my soul
Arise, O Lord
That I may live again
Restore my longing for holiness
Guard me closely to Your promise
Arise, arise, arise, arise
Verse 3:
O Lord, bind me tightly
To Your covenant of peace
From imperfection, in desperation
For You to set me free
Chorus
Bridge:
From my despair I will awake
I will be satisfied
From my despair I'll start to fly
Then I'll be satisfied
P/S: I've been blogging for the past 7 years so this is pretty familiar ground for me. I actually enjoy blogging because I write better than I can speak. There a lot of things I can share in writing than I can in person. But anyway, I'm hoping to not post anything here for a while...or at least until some of you guys post too. I always feel that I speak too much. Like in our meetings or anything, I always have this feeling that I'm talking too much, that I'm stomping over people, that I'm giving the wrongful impression that I'm trying to steal the spotlight. I hope I haven't been a discouragement to you guys with my "intense" personality. If I have, I truly, truly apologize.
- The Enforcer,
Michelle
0 comments:
Post a Comment